Cadet Membership & Benefits
By joining as a Cadet Member, you have access to:
– fun sailing every Tuesday evening 7 – 9 pm from May – Sept, to practice skills attained at courses.
– Once confident in a boat, young sailors are encourage to compete in the dinghy racing series on Thursday evenings (7 – 9 pm) and Saturday afternoons (2 – 4 pm).
– participation in race training sessions organized for the Optimist, Laser, 420 classes, Feva and RS class.
– We encourage all our Junior Members to participate in local regattas eg. Howth, Skerries, Sutton, Inter-schools Regatta etc. Help is available to get boats to/from local sailing clubs.
– fun sailing on our Wide Water Day (Bank Holiday Monday August), lots of BBQ’s throughout the summer;
– chance to try keelboat sailing on our Outer Estuary aboard our club owned Hunter cruiser, or crew for any of our Cruising Events over the summer.
– Winter Optimist Training
– Spring Optimist Training
– enjoy our Winter activities: rigging events, boat cleaning days, table quizzes, halloween party, christmas party etc.
– have access to hire club boats at a small fee to participate in any sailing/racing event.
- We have 2 high-spec Oppies available to rent for racing in Regattas etc.
- 4 club Fevas
- 2 club Visions (for a family)
- 6 club Topaz
(Cost of Cadet Membership €110)
We always welcome new members and if you wish to visit us for a tour before booking a course, you might like to contact Therese at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cadet membership forms are available below: