Cadet Membership & Benefits
Contact JAO for Cadet Sailing Information.
By joining as a Cadet Member, you sailor has access to:
- Organised IS Courses at very attractive member rates
- Supervised sailing throughout the summer months.
- Access to hire Club boats at a nominal fee, without the cost of owning & storing own boat.
- Access to year-round Pen Storage for those who have their own boats
- Supervised sailing every Tuesday evening 7 – 9 pm, (June – Sept)
- Thursday Racing 7-9 pm (May – Oct)
- Saturday Racing (2-5pm) from March – Nov.
- Participation in training/coaching sessions for the various classes sailed at MYC throughout the year.
- Help getting boats to/from Regattas and events organised by neighbouring sailing clubs.
- Family Fun Sails on the Bank Holiday Mondays throughout the Summer.
- IS Keelboat Training on our Outer Estuary on Club J24’s
- Keelboat trips for cadets, teens, adults, families from April – October.
- Winter activities: rigging events, boat cleaning days, table quizzes, halloween party, christmas party etc.
- Access to 2 Fantastic Clubhouses.
Club Boats available to our members (subject to certain conditions)
- 2 high-spec Oppies available to rent for racing in Regattas etc.
- an additional 12 Oppies available for fun sailing, racing and all our training courses and coaching sessions
- 4 club owned RS Fevas -2 person dinghies
- 2club owned RS Visions -large dinghies suitable for families, Kites & Wires etc.
- 10 club owned Topaz Dinghies
- 2 x 420 -high performance dinghy
- 2 Club Lasers.
The Cost of Cadet Membership is just €115 for a whole year of adventure! We always welcome new members.