Applicants are being accepted for Instructors and Assistant Instructors for 2023 Junior Development programme which will operate during the Summer Months – commencing Monday June 25th through to Friday 18th August 2023. Applicants must be available for the ‘full week blocks’ (5 days/week), with a preference to appoint instructors who would be available to commit for 3 or more weeks during the season. This pool of instructors will be used for other Instructor Opportunities during the season.
The following application form needs to be completed and submitted no later than 5pm Friday 7th April 2023;
Applicants wishing to apply for Instructors’ positions are required to have;
- Dinghy SBSS certificate
- Valid emergency care cert from approved course by Irish Sailing
- Garda Vetting clearance through Irish Sailing
- Sport Ireland Safeguarding level 1
- VHF certificate
- IS National Powerboat Cert (Level 2) and 20 hours logged post certification
- Active sailor – Continuously sailing at events for the past 3 years (candidates may requested to demonstrate sailing proficiency)
- Possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills, group management and time management
- Able to commit for a minimum of 3 weeks during the summer period.
- Assistant Instructors
Recruitment of Assistance Instructors is limited to MYC members only - those applying for Assistant Instructor will have a personal development programme which progresses them towards either achieving ‘Assistant Instructor Qualification’ or ‘Instructor Qualification’ (dependant on age, availability and sailing competency).
Applicants wishing to apply for Assistant Instructors positions are required to have;
- Minimum age of 16 yrs (as of 1st July 2023)
- Garda Vetting clearance through Irish Sailing (or achieve by beginning of June 2023)
- Sport Ireland Safeguarding level 1 (or achieve by beginning of June 2023)
- IS National Powerboat Licence Level 2 (or achieve by beginning of June 2023)
- Competent sailor, with an enthusiastic personality and excellent communication skills
- Active in the club and participated in club sailing activities for at least the last 2 seasons
- Be very capable of rigging Optimists, Fevas, Visions etc.
- Available to attend ‘Assistant Instructor Course’ organised by MYC (no cost)
- Required to successfully complete the Irish Sailing ‘Pre-Instructor’ course before end of June 2023 (this will be run as a MYC in-service course)